Welcome to Fantasy Guru 37's Blog. I will try to post a few times per week discussing sports and their fantasy implications. I will focus primarily on the NHL, NFL, and NCAAF, however I touch upon PGA Tour golf, the NBA, and NCAAB. Your comments are always appreciated. Feel free to email me at fantasyguru37@gmail.com with any questions or feedback you may have.

March 8, 2010

Image of the Week

NHL.com's Frozen Moment

This week's image, pirated from NHL.com, portrays hockey idol Don Cherry performing a ceremonial puck drop before last week's Toronto-Boston throwdown. Cherry, famous for his insensitive comments and taste in suits (Don Cherry and Barry Melrose, best broadcasting combination ever), is a hero to all Canadians (In 2004 he was voted #7 Greatest Canadian.) and therefore, all true hockey fans. To put it simply, if you don't know who Don Cherry is, you are not a hockey fan. End of discussion.

Cherry has led a long and storied life. Because there is simply too much to discuss on an Image of the Week post, I will promise you, my devoted followers (click link in sidebar on the right to follow me), a more in-depth look into Don Cherry's life sometime in the near future.

Special thanks to the Caboose for alerting the guru of this fine image.

No comments:

Post a Comment